wsn message

Subject: My Verification Actions

Folks,

Here is a summary of my actions. Sorry for the delay:

> 2.1 	Topics are not optional in WS-BaseNotification

The resolution states that the filter cardinality should be 0..n, but
the pseudo schema says "?". However, the choice element within the
filter is "*", so I think it is fine the way it is. The pseudo schema
and schema for the RP is consistent with this, as in the schema for the
MEP.

The fault discussion for not understood filters says, "The fault MUST
include the filter QNames for the filters it did not understand." This
seems logical and I agree with it, although it is not stated in the
resolution.

For: /wsnt:Filter /wsnt:MessageContent the phrase: "delivered evaluates
to true" should read "delivered evaluates to true." (period)

Otherwise, this resolution has been executed very well. Thanks to the
editors.

> 2.6 	Third party subscriber can be a security concern

Line 1484 contains a reference to WS-Trust and WS-SecureConversation.
These need to be changed to a generic reference to the concepts rather
than a proprietary specifications or we will be in trouble in public
comment. NB: The reverences are (correctly) missing from the reference
section, so only this line needs changing.

Line 1505 Typo: "outlined in WS-those specifications" should be
"outlined in those specifications".

Otherwise, this issue has been executed adequately.

> 2.55 	Remove references to specs that aren't in standards orgs

See note above wrt WS-Trust and WS-SecureConversation.

Line 1110: There is a reference to "[WSRF]" which is not in the
reference section. It should be changed to reference the three specs
independently.

In the requirements section (lines 154 - 157) there are references to
WS-Policy, WS-Federation,  WS-Coordination, etc. which should be
generalized to WS specs in general. The reference to WSRF as a whole
needs removing too. I recommend just changing it to say something about
relevant WS specs in general.

Line 635 references WS-Policy. Need to generalize this one.

Otherwise it looks OK but if there are any more, someone WILL find them
in public comment :-)

> 3.4	Demand-Based Publisher is a light-weight NotificationProducer

This looks fine.

PS: Lines 197 to 200 contain reference to non-standards which are
(correctly) not included in the references section.

--

Take care:

     Dr. David Snelling < David . Snelling . UK . Fujitsu . com >
     Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe
     Hayes Park Central
     Hayes End Road
     Hayes, Middlesex  UB4 8FE