wsn message

Subject: Issue Verification for 3.9 and 3.15

  For 3.9, I found that in both brw-1.wsdl and WS-BrokeredNotification the wsdl for the NotificationBroker portType doesn't quite match the RegisterPublisher portType: in both documents, NotificationBroker's RegisterPublisher operation lacked a PublisherRegistrationRejectedFault that was present in the RegisterPublisher portType's definition of that operation.  The text of WS-BrokeredNotification did not have this problem.  The agreed approach for 3.9 appeared to be correctly implemented in other regards.
  I noted the following typos:
    Lines 15-17 of Section 5
"Distributed broker implementation can be achieved by hosting NotificationProducer, NotificationConsumer, or RegisterPublisher portTypes at one or more physical endpoints."
    should read
"A distributed broker implementation can be achieved by hosting NotificationProducer, NotificationConsumer, or RegisterPublisher portTypes at one or more physical endpoints."
    Inserts the article "A" at the beginning of the sentence.

    Lines 27-28 of Section 5.2
"The NotificationBroker MUST support the Notify message exchange from NotificationConsumer interface [WS-BaseNotification], with the following clarifications/restrictions:"
    should read
"The NotificationBroker MUST support the Notify message exchange from the NotificationConsumer interface [WS-BaseNotification], with the following clarifications/restrictions:"
    Inserts the article "the" before "NotificationConsumer interface".

    I would suggest (but do not insist upon) a slight rewording in lines 20-22 of Section 5.5:
"A Publisher can register its interest to publish messages with the NotificationBroker by sending a RegisterPublisherRequest. The NotificationBroker is responsible to manage the registration, and send a RegisterPublisherResponse to the Publisher if the registration process succeeds."
    might instead read
"A Publisher can register its interest to publish messages through the NotificationBroker by sending a RegisterPublisherRequest. The NotificationBroker is responsible for managing the registration, and send a RegisterPublisherResponse to the Publisher if the registration process succeeds."
    Changes "with" to "through"; changes "to manage" to "for managing"

  I found all the documents correctly implemented the agreed approach for 3.15.
  I noted a trivial typo in brw-1.wsdl and Appendix C of WS-BrokeredNotification: a missing carriage return after the 'name="ResourceUnknownFault"' attribute of wsdl:fault under the Destroy operation in the PublisherRegistrationManager portType.  This impacts only human readability.

  I verified these issues against WS-BrokeredNotification-1.3-draft-01f.doc and the accompanying br-1.xsd and brw-1.wsdl uploaded by Lily Liu on 06/15/05.

  Incidentally, I noted that my name and company aren't listed among the committee members in Appendix A of WS-BrokeredNotification.

Cheers,

Mark Peel
Web Services Infrastructure
Novell, Inc.