Subject: Re: [wsrf] Clarifications on multiple portTypes

"Vambenepe, William N" <vbp@hp.com> wrote on 09/03/2005 23:51:51:

> - Is it ok to assume that the fact that portA and portB are part of the
> same service implies that they are used to access the same WS-Resource?
> Is this something that needs to be added to the App notes?
We would have to add something if we wanted to assume this; at present I
think this is a service-implementation-specific decision.

> - If each of the portTypes (foo:A and bar:B) have resource properties
> documents defined (respectively foo:resPropA and bar:resPropB) is it ok
> to assume that by invoking GetResourcePropertyDocument I will get back a
> document that contains the properties defined in both foo:ResPropA and
> bar:resPropB)? Should we make this clear in the spec?
Again, we'd need to document a constraint in order to make such an
assumption.

> - How do we address the case where resource properties are defined but
> no operation is defined by the associated portType? Do we have a binding
> for an empty portType and a port for this service?
The operation(s) have to be defined for each portType. We don't normatively
define any bindings.

Ian