Subject: RE: [wsrf] Modeling Potential Service Groups

Kirk Wilson
Office of the CTO
603 823 4023

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrea Westerinen (andreaw) [mailto:andreaw@cisco.com]
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 6:09 PM
To: Wilson, Kirk D; wsrf@lists.oasis-open.org

Kirk, There is another dimension to printers and jobs that is not
appropriately captured by either a component or an aggregation
relationship.  If a printer goes down, then its current execution of a
job is lost - but the job itself could be sent to another printer.
Therefore, I would not have used the component relationship at all, but
perhaps a dependency.

BTW, within Cisco, we have a concept of a Collection with a property
that indicates if it is explicit (by explicit reference) or implicit (by
virtue of execution of a query).  This has worked well for us, so far.

Andrea