Subject: Minutes of the teleconference held on 6th June

Are stored here:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/13043/WSRF%20TC%20%5B6June05%5D%20notes%5B1%5D.pdf

and attached.  Note that the next call is on 13th June at 12:00pm Eastern
time,

(See attached file: WSRF TC [6June05] notes[1].htm)

Regards Tim Banks
Title: WSRF TC notes

Notes from the OASIS WSRF TC Face-to-Face meeting
6th June 2005

Roll Call

The roll call is kept on the TC web site under the meeting record.

See http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrf/event.php?event_id=7737

Confirm minute taker

Tim Banks is taking the minutes.

Approve of minutes of May 16th Face-to-Face

See: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/12766

There were no comments and no objections to approving the minutes.

Call for AOB

None.

Action Review

(IanR) Regarding the following actions:

(Editors) Follow this new instruction about the soap headers in examples; only include required wsa:action element. (Done during F2F prior to adopting CD).
(
Bryan) Move issues WSRF110 and WSRF111 to open. (Done during F2F prior to adopting CD).
(IanR) Update acknowledgements text and distribute to editors. (Done during F2F prior to adopting CD).
(DaveS) Raise an issue to take care of the WS-N Dependency. (112) (Done during F2F prior to adopting CD).
(DaveS) Propose new issue to discuss namespaces and versioning (113). (Done during F2F prior to adopting CD).
(DaveS) Need a new issue to decide on action uris for faults (114). (Done during F2F prior to adopting CD).
(
Bryan) Create a new issue for SG containing RP document (115) (Done during F2F prior to adopting CD).
(IanR) Fix statement in WS-RAP about requirement for basefaults. (Done during F2F prior to adopting CD).
(
Bryan) Move issue WSRF109 to resolved (Done during F2F prior to adopting CD).
(
Bryan) Issue WSRF105 Move to Closed – no action. (Done during F2F prior to adopting CD).
(
Bryan) Create a new issue for SG containing RP document. (115) (Done during F2F prior to adopting CD).
(
Bryan) Close issues WSRF89, WSRF91, WSRF92, WSRF99, WSRF101, WSRF97,
WSRF98, WSRF102, WSRF63, WSRF106, WSRF22, WSRF44, WSRF58, WSRF59,
WSRF65, WSRF69, WSRF87, WSRF104. (Done)
(
Bryan) Move issue WSRF107 to resolved (Done during F2F prior to adopting CD).
(
Bryan) Move issue WSRF110 to resolved (Done during F2F prior to adopting CD).
(
Bryan) Move issue WSRF111 to close as covered by the resolution to issue WSRF100. (Done during F2F prior to adopting CD).
(
Bryan) Move issue WSRF112 to close (no action) (Done during F2F prior to adopting CD).
(
Bryan) Move issue WSRF113 to resolved. (Done during F2F prior to adopting CD).
(
Bryan) Raise a new issue. (116) to describe removal of embodiments 3.2 and move to resolved. (Done during F2F prior to adopting CD).
(
Bryan) Move issues WSRF114 and WSRF110 to resolved. (Done during F2F prior to adopting CD).
(
Bryan) Move issues WSRF103 and WSRF109 to closed. (Done during F2F prior to adopting CD).
(
Bryan) Move issues WSRF113 and WSRF115 to resolved. (Done during F2F prior to adopting CD).

(IanR) Does everyone agree that these were all closed before the CD specs were approved?

No Objections.

(IanR) In respect of:

(SteveG) Review minutes from last face-to-face re: element children only in RP doc (Issue WSRF95).

(IanR) Steve is not on the call. I took a look at this (See below) and WSRF95 is fully implemented. We need a new issue if we want to consider changes.

No objections.

Action: (SteveG) (Steve G) Raise new issue for further relaxation of RPDoc constraints.

(Tim) Construct a Printer/ShoppingCart example based on Service group to enable others to judge.  Done (see below)

New issues to consider - Bryan

None

Summary of spec status - Ian

(IanR) We discovered that OASIS will accept our short names, so artifacts have been uploaded.  We can now vote on accepting Committee drafts as public review drafts.

Ballots are prepared and we can do this between telecons.

Action: (Ian/Editors) Make updates needed for Public review level.

Resource metadata specification – Tom

(TomM) We need to go through the presentation that was scheduled for the face-to-face

(See http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrf/download.php/12696)

(IanR) Are there any objections to Tom going ahead to produce a draft specification?

None.

Action (TomM) Post revised draft of specification.

Issue review - Chair

None

Update on Primer - Tim

See presentation here: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrf/download.php/12969

(IanR) We should model the printer jobs as ServiceGroup Entries.

(TimB) That’s option 1: there are problems if the memberservice EPR points to nothing.

(DaveS) I like option 3: ServiceGroup Entries are an abstract of the info in the Print_Job. Print_Job is a WS Resource which can be the target of a ‘cancel’.

(IanR) We should separate the issue of  a by-reference vs by-value collection from the way it’s updated.

(DaveS) If I wanted to model the chapters of a book, it would need an ‘UpdateChapter’ operation with a ‘chapterId’ parameter, or use UpdateResourceProperties.

(TimB) Right: we don’t have other way to deal with repeated child elements besides application-specific parameters, or making them into WS-Resources, or using UpdateReosurceProperties which replaces all of the child elements. The latter is feasible only up to a certain scale, maybe 5 or so children.

(IanR)  Then we can we use the Printer as a good example of ServiceGroup via option 3?

(TimB) It’s not a good example of ServiceGroup because the Jobs can only belong to one printer. Services can be long to many ServiceGroups, and to the same ServiceGroup  more than once. We should choose another example for SG.

Action: (Chairs) Continue discussion

AOB

None

Straggler Roll Call & Close