wsrp-conformance message

Subject: cloning and setPortletProperties

I've a question on invoking setPortletProperties on a POP.

I searched the spec, but could not find any reference to this question.
I did find an assertion statemenet (AS109) which reads

"The properties of a cloned portlet may be set explicitly (via
setProperties()) or opaquely (via "wsrp:edit" mode)."

[I just noted that the operation name needs to be corrected in this
statement.]

So, my question is whether it is valid to invoke setPortletProperties on
a POP? The spec says that POPs are not modifiable, but we don't
explicitly define what cannot be modified.

Thanks

Subbu