Subject: Re: [wsrp-interop] initCookie & Resource

In case Rich's e-mail wasn't clear, the consumer should send all cookies its managing on behalf of that producer in the request for the producer's resource as long as the cookie is scoped to that request.  This includes the cookie generated from an initCookie() call or any other picked up along the way.
     -Mike-

Rich Thompson wrote:

The basic intent of the cookie support relative is to resources is to require that the cookie rules defined by the cookie RFC are followed. This allows for not sending cookies to resources, but that is likely to make some resources not work properly. It does require that whenever cookies are sent that things such as the cookie domain rules are followed.

Rich Thompson

Maneesha Jain <maneesha.jain@Sun.COM>

12/19/2003 01:26 PM

wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org
cc

Subject
[wsrp-interop] initCookie & Resource

Hi,

I'm Maneesha, working on WSRP implementation for Sun. In my previous life,
I worked with some of you as a tech lead for JSR168 TCK. I need a clarification
on the intent of the spec in regards to Cookie setting for resources ( Section 10.4).

Does the cookie established by  initCookie call, need to be sent out with
request to a resource (i.e. wsrp-urlType=Resource) ?

regards,
Maneesha