Subject: fault details

hello,

can someone explain why the WSRP fault types do not have a details,
reason, cause, message, etc field?

we've noticed that the faults from BEA's producers come across with a
"details" section in the soap fault. this is most helpful and we'd like
to replicate that behavior. however, since the wsrp fault types do not
have such a field this producer must be doing something like inserting
the details manually into the soap fault, or modifying the wsrp types to
include details.

it is also possible that the producer's implementation causes the WSRP
fault types to extend SOAPFaultException, which allows details to be
added. however, we are using jaxrpc and our jaxrpc expert assures us
that this violates the spec ... all application faults must extend
Exception.

any help is appreciated.
thanks.