wsrp-markup message

Subject: RE: [wsia][wsrp-markup] URL writing

Good question! I have added the following to the doc to help clarify this,
but basically you are correct. I chose 'writing' over 'rewriting' as
'writing' accurately describes both cases while 'rewriting' only describes
the Consumer case. I suspect several passes over this are still needed in
prep for adding the relevant text to the draft spec.

Added section below:

Semantics

1.    IF an Entity's properties include wsia:ActionTemplate,
wsia:RenderTemplate, wsia:ResourceTemplate or wsia:NameSpacingPrefix, then
is MUST be willing to correctly format URLs for all content it generates.
2.    IF the Consumer sets the above properties, then the Entity MUST
generate URLs based on those setting and the Consumer is not required to
parse the generated markup.
3.    IF either the Entity doesn't exposes these properties or the Consumer
chooses to not set them, then the Consumer MUST parse the generated markup
and rewrite URLs conforming to the above specification.

                      "Jeff Broberg"
                      <jbroberg@silvers        To:       Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM@IBMUS,
                      tream.com>                <wsrp-markup@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                               cc:
                      07/15/2002 03:01         Subject:  RE: [wsia][wsrp-markup] URL writing
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      jbroberg

Rich,

few questions.  In the document you had the headings "Consumer URL
writing",
and "Producer URL writing".  Am i correct in assuming that the segment
under
"Consumer URL writing" is indicating what semantics the producer must
follow
to ask the consumer to do the URL writing, and vise versa for the other.
Also, should the titles be "rewriting" or "writing" ?