wsrp-pfb message

Subject: RE: [wsrp-pfb] publishing a categorization scheme

Title: Message
thanks Claus,

As long as registry implementations allow all publishers to use the common API SDKs to do this then we are ok.

I assume search by keyValue must also be supported by all registries?

    -- Andre
-----Original Message-----
From: Von Riegen, Claus [mailto:claus.von.riegen@sap.com]
Sent: 27 January 2004 22:07
To: Andre Kramer; wsrp-pfb@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Andre,

Enabling new categorization systems is a two-step process:

1. A new tModel, categorized with the keyValue "categorization" of the UDDI Types category system, is saved to the UDDI registry by using the save_tModel API.
2. The new tModel is referenced (by using its tModelKey) in a keyedReference within a categoryBag of a UDDI entity (businessEntity, businessService, bindingTemplate, or tModel) when saved with a save_xx API call. The keyedReference's keyValue, i.e. the distinct category, is mandatory in this context and must not be empty.

This is normative UDDI V2/V3 behavior and must be supported in all implementations. Whether or not it is additionally supported in corresponding UIs is not mandated by the UDDI specification. The specification only covers programmatic access by use of Web services.

Does this answer your question?

Claus