wsrp-primer message

Subject: Primer and Markup Interface Section

Hi Folks,

In keeping with my message yesterday, it occurred to me that I should
not spend time detailing the SOAP XML body messages for the Markup
Interface Section as Subbu had done in the Service Description
Section since these should be the same for the sake of continuity in
the Tutorials I am presuming we will add into each section to
illustrate the examples used. Also, in the Markup Section these
continuing examples also need to have the actual html/xhtml code
fragments included and the browser display for those Portlets shown
in the Portal page. Also in keeping with my comments yesterday about
starting with stock lists and then proceeding to the web app using
those lists later in the more advanced examples, I think these
snippets of XML messages within the SOAP body also need to be
consistent. Since I am not supplying those, I decided to just outline
and write what I can without spending time on things that might be
used, but also might not be used.

Last thought, these examples need to be complete enough to make
sense, such as starting with the docRepository Portlet (with a
dropdown menu of stocks or stock categories alongside the client's
own portfolio list and maybe some kind of analyst report for the
Basic Scenario, with actual trading-buying-selling orders as the more
Advanced Scenario. And since I am not creating that, it doesn't make
sense for me to produce the XML or the HTML, let alone any Javascript
or other scripting code for interactivity--which we also need for the
client to add a new stock to their portfolio from the docRepository.

So what I will do is to send out my pass through the primer as Alan
last posted it later today or first thing Monday morning.

Ciao,
Rex
--
Rex Brooks