wsrp-primer message

Subject: Re: [wsrp-primer] wsrp-primer-1.0-draft0.41-rex

Glad some of the feedback is useful. The reason I question placing the Registration interface first is that is even when a Producer uses the inband form of registration, the Consumer will need to call getServiceDescription() first to see what data is required for the call to register(). At best that places it as the second interface.

Rich

Rex Brooks <rexb@starbourne.com>

10/27/2003 03:38 PM

Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM@IBMUS, wsrp-primer@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
Re: [wsrp-primer] wsrp-primer-1.0-draft0.41-rex

In the basic scenario, when I mentioned registries I don't know how it ended up coming out that way. I meant only to say that the information on producers could be found that way. Sorry. I should have waited and then proofed it when I was fresh.

I asked for the registration interface to be first because if we expect or want registration to be used, I thought it should be treated as starting the process. That may be my own literal-mindedness. I expect tutorials to show the order in which a process is conducted. That may also reflect my own bias toward consumer concerns more than producer concerns.

Thanks for catching the numbering. I got caught up in the details.

I put the Init Cookie diagram in where Init Cookie fell. I admit I didn't spend much time thinking about it.

Thanks for the proofreading. I didn't see any comments in 1, so I assume you included it for reference?

Ciao,
Rex