wsrp-primer message

Subject: Re: [wsrp-primer] Groups - wsrp-primer-1.0-draft-0.42.doc uploaded

Hi Subbu,

I don't have a list. My intent was to work from the messages you
supply for getMarkupResponse, with and without registration. Your
list can be added if you think its important to a Primer. If it is
included, then it should be in the messages. I will keep it as simple
as I can.

I expected the portlet we show to have some simple css classes, one
or more images and (not necessary) an interactive element, like a
stock quote update request and/or a different view, such as a edit or
help mode or a trade request form. Since you mention a form, go for
it. I wouldn't get more complex than that, and I am not sure if we
should have more than one interaction. My plan all along has been to
write short descriptions of the elements that were included in the
messages. Your simple page makes perfectly good sense. I think you
are right, and we should include initCookie, lifecycle,
releaseSessions, getMarkup/performBlockingInteraction, but if you
think we should include Markup rewriting and some template, you
should include them in the messages and the sample because I think we
should show it if we talk about it. If you think we have holes in the
section, you can either put in a placeholder with a note to me, or
just describe it. Any writing you can do is going to be a big help
for me with my tendinitis, which is getting worse. This could turn
into a bigger problem.

BTW, shouldn't Message 16 Service Description Response (with
Registration) be MarkupResponse (with registration? I would prefer
you to include that in your v0.43.

Sorry for any extra work this is causing for you. The more I think
about it, the more I wonder about getting so complex in a Primer.
However, I leave it to your judgement, since that could be my
tendinitis talking for me. This is really a nuisance.

Ciao,
Rex

--
Rex Brooks