wsrp-webservice message

Subject: WS-I.org and attachments

http://www.webservices.org/index.php/article/articleview/954/1/82/

WebServices.org interviews Chris Ferris, on his views of WS-I as IBM's
representative to the Basic Profile WG.
What does the future hold for the ws-i.org?
For starters, WS-I recently agreed to address the issue of attachments for
SOAP. The Basic Profile v1.1 will incorporate the SOAP Messages with
Attachments (MIME) specification and provide a means for describing the use
of attachments in WSDL. We expect that this work will be completed in a
relatively short period of time, hopefully the technical work will be
completed by April of this year and the Basic Profile 1.1 can begin its own
review and
approval cycle, culminating in the early summer of 2003.

Additionally, we are in the process of planning for a Security Profile and
will be likely taking on the question of how one can claim conformance of
platform and/or tools(e.g. .NET, WebLogic or Websphere) with a profile(s).
It should be an interesting and challenging year.

regards,
Andre