wsrp-webservice message

Subject: [wsrp-webservices] from XML.org Daily Newslink

Title: [wsrp-webservices] from XML.org Daily Newslink

A Preview of WS-I Basic Profile 1.1
Anish Karmarkar, O'Reilly WebServices.xml.com

WS-I Basic Profile 1.1 builds on 1.0, adding support for SOAP Messages
with Attachments (SwA) and WSDL 1.1's Section 5 MIME bindings. As part
of the process of releasing a Profile, other Working Groups within
WS-I develop sample applications and test tools for the Profile. This
ensures that the Profile is implementable and 'debugged' before its
final release. Like Basic Profile 1.0, Basic Profile 1.1 will be
released with sample applications and test tools. This article
provides a preview of Basic Profile 1.1 based on the latest Working
Group Draft. Basic Profile 1.1 clarifies, fixes, and subsets the
relevant specs to make it more interoperable and removes ambiguities.
The direction that Basic Profile 1.1 has taken fits very nicely with
the direction that W3C XMLP WG has taken with respect to attachments
for SOAP 1.2, as documented in SOAP Message Transmission Optimization
Mechanism (MTOM).

http://webservices.xml.com/pub/a/ws/2003/09/16/wsbp.html
See also on WS-I: http://xml.coverpages.org/ws-i.html