Subject: RE: [wsrp-wsia] [I#103] Proposed resolution: In vendor extensibil ity"object any" should be an array

Because there is not a lot of discussion of this issue (and because I agree
with the resolution :->), issue #103 has been changed to "Tentative Resolve"
based on the proposal below. If nobody objects, I will move it to "Resolve"
at 16-Oct-2002.

Gil

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Thompson [mailto:richt2@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Mon, October 07, 2002 19:30
To: Gil.Tayar@webcollage.com
Subject: [wsrp-wsia] [I#103] Proposed resolution: In vendor
extensibility "object any" should be an array

Agreed that Object[] in the IDL-like representation better represents the
normative WSDL.

Proposal: Change the "Object any" references to vendor extensibility of
data objects to "Object[] any".

                      Richard

                      Cieply/Germany/IB        To:
wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
                      M@IBMDE                  cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: [wsrp-wsia]
[I#103] In vendor extensibility "object
                      10/07/2002 09:54          any" should be an array

                      AM

I agree,

it is an array of XML elements.
The code generators do define arrays of "whatever they use to represent the
<any../> extension" -objects.
AXIS uses MesagesElement[] and .NET uses XmlElement[].
To reflect the maxOccurs="unbounded" in the spec we should indeed define
the any extension as Object[].

Richard

|         |           Gil Tayar        |
|         |           <Gil.Tayar@webcol|
|         |           lage.com>        |
|         |           10/07/2002 07:09 |

----------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:       wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
|
  |       cc:
|
  |       Subject:  [wsrp-wsia] [I#103] In vendor extensibility "object
any" should be an array

----------------------------------------------------------------------|

Topic:  Interface
Class:  Minor Editorial
Title:  In vendor extensibility "object any" should be an array
Document Section: All
In all the places we have an "any" element for vendor extensibility, it is
really an array, which means it should be represented in the spec as
"Object[] any". In the WSDL it is indeed an array: "<any
maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" namespace="##other"/>", but currently
the spec represents this
as "Object any".