Subject: RE: [wsrp-wsia] [wsrp] initEnvironment and groupID - my final thoughts before we vote

Andre, the part of the spec I am refering to is:

"The PortletSession and HttpSession objects share the same attribute set.
Basically
the PortletSession and HttpSession are the same object or at a minimum the
PortletSession wraps the HttpSession. If a portlet session is created then
a servlet
session is also created."

Best regards
Carsten Leue

-------
Dr. Carsten Leue
Dept.8288, IBM Laboratory Böblingen , Germany
Tel.: +49-7031-16-4603, Fax: +49-7031-16-4401

             Andre Kramer
             <andre.kramer@eu.
             citrix.com>                                                To
                                       wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
             10/10/2002 04:02                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [wsrp-wsia] [wsrp]
                                       initEnvironment and groupID - my
                                       final tho   ughts before we vote

I don't believe that the JSR168 does actually require a HTTP session per
application. Separate application and private session scopes are mandated
but one HTTP session can be partitioned up locally. All the user's Portlets
end up on one server though. But I would also disagree that JSR 168
mandates
that application sharing MUST take place via the HTTP session. Developers
see a Session object but it should be possible to implement the API spec
without cookies and even Web App Sessions (e.g. using SAML to pass user
context information). [At least this is my understanding as an JSR 168
expert group member. I view WSRP as being more than just for JSR 168
remoting and therefore will support both features, even if not strictly
required as load balancing could be limited to be per-user.]