Subject: RE: [wsrp-wsia] [I#115] URL rewriting of GET form actions

The problem for consumer-side rewriting is that if the consumer wishes to
include any meta parameters in the rewritten URL (e.g., a portlet ID) then
these must be included in the form itself as hidden inputs rather than in the
action URL, because the browser is going to discard any parameters in the
action URL.  Of course, the browser is also going to have to remember the
original form action, which it could maintain in internal state or through an
additional hidden input in the form.  I don't see how the consumer can avoid
getting inside the form.

The problem for producer-side rewriting is that any parameters in the URL
prefix supplied by the consumer to the producer (e.g., a portlet ID) are going
to have to be extracted and inserted into the form as hidden inputs (due to the
same browser issue of truncating parameters in the action URL).

Tim