Subject: RE: [wsrp-wsia] [I#110] destroyEntity failure semantics

As a patch, maybe :->. As a real solution, I would hate, in these XML-ish
days, to depend on the _message_ for this information. What is the problem
we're trying to solve here? The problem pointed out by Andre, of the
difficulty of an implementation of transactional deletes, and his
proposition that a recurring delete be accepted (and I would add "in the
case of a failure").  I believe the implementation of such a solution by the
producer is acceptable.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Thompson [mailto:richt2@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thu, October 24, 2002 16:31
To: wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org

Would a fault message that explicitly started with the number of failures
(i.e. format => [Num] + ' ' + text) be an appropriate solution here?

                      Rex Brooks

                      <rexb@starbourne.        To:       Gil Tayar
<Gil.Tayar@webcollage.com>,
                      com>
"'wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org'"

<wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org>
                      10/15/2002 07:21         cc:

                      AM                       Subject:  Re: [wsrp-wsia]
[I#110] destroyEntity failure semantics

I agree a list of failed attempts is unnecessary, but the return of a
successful attempt is probably going to be mandatory eventually if it isn't
in the first version.