Subject: [wsrp-wsia] feedback on WSRP 0.8

Following some random feedback on the spec.

Alejandro

General Comments
The spec dives into defining many of the structures without any
functional explanation of their use, kind of a Javadoc. It would help if
we start with the functional description of a operation and then we go
in detail about the data structures the operation uses.

Undefined concepts are used to define new concepts.

Specific Comments (P##/L##: Page/Lines)
*P7/L31-34

Here we are introducing the concrete term 'portlet'.
Why not use it through out the spec instead the more abstract 'entity'?

*P8/L1-6

I not think this reflects what the protocol does today.

*P8/L14

At first, the e.g gives the idea to indicate that the portlets are
producers. I had to read that sentence a couple of times to realize that
was not the case.

*P23/L25-31

This section should mention the HTTP/SOAP transport. It's talking about
Cookies.

*P23/L40

"New Data Structures" Why new, they are the first ones being defined.
I would remove "New" from all the data structure titles, they are
already subsections.

*P24/L15

Shouldn't we define Properties (as we define Extensions) before using them.

*P24/L15

How dynamic this information is supposed to be. If the consumer caches
it, how does it know when it should re-fetch?

*P24/L33-34

It's confusing to what cookies this refers to. I know (I think) it's
refers to consumer-producer cookies but this it seems to indicate
client-consumer.

*P25/L14-20

profileKey is effectively the equivalent of a principal (for the
consumer-producer interaction). Why not call it  principalID?

*P27/L6

refHandle is being defined using a entityHandle that has not being yet
defined.

*P27/L35

Structure for caching is being defined but there is not explanation on
how cache it suppose to work.

*P29/L24

either/or is exclusive, isn't it? If so it should be just or.

*P29/L39

'response:' it should read 'refhandleContext'

*P35/L1 (picture)

What is the intended behavior when a fault happens? Just an error?

If so why not just throw a fault instead have a parameter with the value
Fault?