Subject: [wsrp-wsia] [I#147] MarkupType in MarkupParams should be an array

Issue: 147
Date Added: 3-Nov-2002
Document Section:   -
The MarkupType field in MarkupParams should be an array.  The array values indicate the mime-types it is acceptable to return with the first element in the array being the preferred type.  This corresponds to HTTP semantics and allows a consumer to do mime-type mapping.  A common usage is to say I support HTML and XML where what I mean is HTML is preferred (its what is returned to the client) but if you send me an XML response that self references a stylesheet that generates HTML, I will process this response to get the HTML for the final response.  There are other less common situations where portals may want to translate from a specific markup to another.