Subject: Re: [wsrp-wsia] [change request #141] Add previous window state andmode

The difference between these is the previousMode while staying within any
one particular mode. I did not want to require the Consumer to remember
the previousMode and therefore this is only supplied on the invocation
where it changed. I presume the use case for continuously supplying it
relates to generating links that return to the previous mode without any
requirement that the Portlet remember what the previous mode was. I'm not
sure this is a good tradeoff as it requires the Consumer to store this
data as a benefit for a set of Portlets that could easily store it
themselves (e.g. navState). Producers wishing to provide this storage as a
convenience to the Portlets they host could also do so without the
Consumer continuously resupplying it.

Rich Thompson

Michael Freedman <Michael.Freedman@oracle.com>
02/12/2003 02:00 PM