Subject: [wsrp-wsia] [change request #151] UserScope definition

Document: Spec
Requested by: Alejandro Abdelnur

Request: Change UserScope to an open ended set rather than requiring use
of extensions

Reasoning: We would do not require vendors to use an extension field to
indicate a custom userScope. It would be similar to the way we handle
custom portlet modes and custom window states, where we do not require the
use of an extension field.

Impacts various places:

Section: 7.1.1
Page/Line: 47-48
Old text: [insert]
Proposed text: [O] string consumerUserScopes[]
UserScopes the Consumer is willing to process.

Section: 5.1.11
Page/Line: 19-20
Old text: [insert]
Proposed text: [O] string customUserScopes[]
this Portlet MAY assert in a CacheControl structure.

Section: 6.1.4
Page/Line: 27
Old text: [delete bullet] "other": The caching relative to users fits
neither of the above descriptions.
Proposed text: [insert] UserScope is an open set of values where the
Producer SHOULD restrict the values supplied to those specified in this
specification or custom values the Consumer has indicated it supports. If
another value is specified and the Consumer does not understand it, the
Consumer should ignore the cache control and treat the content as
non-cacheable.

Section: 6.1.5
Page/Line: 27
Old text: If the userScope has a value of “other, the Consumer SHOULD look
in the extensions field for additional information. If no user scope for
caching the markup is established, the Consumer SHOULD NOT cache the
markup.
Proposed text: If the Consumer does not know how to process the specified
user scope, it MUST NOT cache the markup.