Subject: RE: [wsrp] getResource question

Web browsers do in practice have a limit on the size of URLs which
argues for the max length. However, I now see your point and agree we
could make the type of the resource identifier xsd:string.

Regards,
Andre

-----Original Message-----
From: Subbu Allamaraju [mailto:subbu@bea.com]
Sent: 27 May 2005 16:19
To: wsrp

I thought about that possibility, but I don't think it is valid. WSRP
spec restricts IDs to be of less than 4096 chars (or less, depending on
how many bytes it takes to store a char), where as URLs have no such
restrictions in the spec.

That's why I brought up the need for some persistence (atleast in
memory) for wsrpUrl <-> resourceID mapping.

Andre Kramer wrote:
> I don't think we need to introduce a notion of some sort of persistent
> resourceID. The resourceID parameter is just a way to point to a
> resource and it should be perfectly legal (and normal) to use a URL
> string as a resourceID. From the point of view of the protocol and the
> consumer a resourceID is just a URI (a unique identifier for a
resource)
> - we do not describe or mandate the mapping mechanisms.
>
> Regards,
> Andre

Producers
>  >
>  > serve resources over SOAP instead of HTTP, which was not possible
with
>  > WSRP1.0.
>  >
>  > But it is not clear how a WSRP2.0 producer can serve
URL-addressable