wss-m message

Subject: Another snag :-(

There was some confusion on my part about which reference URLs the TC Admin automatically updates when they move a document from one stage to the next, and which ones they won’t. They WILL  update reference links in the front matter of a document but they WILL NOT modify any links in the main body of a spec - even if the references are to docs within the same Work Product.

Therefore, most of the WS-Sec 1.1.1 specs have outdated references to each other (e.g., pointing to earlier CDs or CSDs). And as a result, the TC must approve a Designated Cross-Reference Change [1] before we start the public review. To help speed this along, Paul Knight and Chet kindly offered to provide the necessary text for the motion.

I don’t expect to have everything ready for the call tomorrow so I’ll cancel the call and we’ll do an e-ballot.

David

[1] https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#crossRefs