wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] Interesting article this morning...

Same here - He also contacted me last week.  I assumed he mass-mailed folks
on the committee with the message below.  As it was clear he was trying to
create a story, I didn't respond.  I contemplated sending him mail to "set
him straight" by explaining there's no rift (in my view) and that he just
doesn't understand the process. But I got too busy. He probably wouldn't
have listened anyway.

-----
Hi, I'm a reporter with eWEEK and I am looking at doing a story on the
proposed Quality of Protection technical committee being proposed around
WS-Security within OASIS. Can you tell me a little on how this proposal came
about? I understand that at the first meeting, the WS-Security group seemed
to regroup along two lines, one that wanted to push the spec through as is
and another that felt the need to add more stuff to it. Is that correct?
What are some things that might be included in this "new stuff"? Also,
what's the next step? Is there a time frame by which OASIS has to respond
about establishing a new committee? When is the next OASIS meeting on
WS-Security? Will this be discussed there?
-----

Rob Philpott
RSA Security Inc.
The Most Trusted Name in e-Security