wss message

Subject: [wss] Our goals for the next few weeks

On the call this week we discussed establishing some goals (milestones) to keep us focussed on the job at hand and keep us moving forward. I agreed to post a message summarizing that discussion. SPECIAL NOTE - If you were not on the call, please study this carefully as we all have some actions here.

The goal is to get us to the point where we have a draft of our spec that the TC is happy with (by a vote) that we can declare as our "interop draft" such that some amount of implementation and interop testing can start. This is very important as we would like to be in a position where we can point to a set of interoperable implementations of our spec by the time we feel we are ready to take our spec forward to the larger OASIS membership for review. To this end we defined a time-line as follows:

All outstanding issues to be submitted by Monday Nov 11th (ideally based on the Core Draft 3 document which is on the web page now)

A new issues list will be posted by EOD Wednesday Nov 13th

The WSS TC will make as much progress as possible on these issues in e-mail prior to next call.

There will be a WSS TC phone call Tuesday Nov 19th - this call will focus on resolving open issues.

Following that call, the Editors will produce new drafts as quickly as possible

Once issues with the core spec have been resolved, and the draft distributed, we will arrange a call to vote on that draft as our "interop draft"

Then we will focus on the profiles (probably during the F2F)

(As a sidenote, (in order to make progress and manage the list) I propose that issues posted after Nov 11th  be deferred to a later draft unless they are "show-stoppers" for the interop draft.)

I think we are making good pogress on our open issues and hopefully the proposal above will help keep us moving forward.

Cheers
Kelvin