wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] Issues and proposed edits to X509 'Whatever' document

I think that there are two separate issues here.

First the types of semantic blobs that can be attached, second whether
it is valuable to transcode those blobs.

The problem being that signed blobs tend to be hard to transcode. I do
not believe in relying on ASN.1 DER encoding. So unless the object is
created in XML and signed in XML (as in XCBF) the value of exposing the
inner data as XML is somewhat limited since most recipients would have
to re-encode the data in ASN.1 DER to check the signature.

I agree however that it would be very useful to transcode from X.509
attribute certificates to an XML friendly form, however I would suggest
SAML or the like as being the appropriate technology.

	Phill