wss message

Subject: Re: Interop Ballot [REALLY A STRAW POLL]- update please read

Guys, this is identified as a "straw poll" and is therefore not a ballot in the keep-your-voting-membership sense.

bill cox

"DeMartini, Thomas" wrote:

My understanding is if you vote to abstain on a ballot it is still counted as voting for membership X% purposes.(Just as long as you don’t neglect to even click on a button at all.)Correct?

Thanks,

Thomas.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hallam-Baker, Phillip [mailto:pbaker@verisign.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 12:17 PM
To: Kelvin Lawrence; wss@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: Interop Ballot - update please read

This introduces the following problem, membership requires us to participate in X% of all ballots so people who not vote ....
I suggest we have a two stage vote process, each company gets one vote in the final ballot stage, the first stage is to determine which way a company votes based on its inputs.
Companies which vote different ways may have an image problem....