OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

wss message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Updated Minutes of Telecom 10/7/03 with attendance

Sorry, I neglected to add the attendance that Steve had sent to me.  Its
attached to the end of the minutes in this mail.



Minutes 10/7/03

Quorum achieved
Minutes of last meeting – Approved

The five action items that were assigned are:
ACTION - Kelvin will send a proposal on what comes after tcname relative to
issue 31.
ACTION - Issues 133 & 134 need to be check by Merlin Hughs
ACTION - Hal and Vijay to propose text for issue 137.
ACTION - Ron will start working on SAML interop next week.
ACTION - Kelvin to update the liaison list.
(NOTE: The action items are also included in the text below.)

Issue 3  Discussion of second interop results

Second Interop Results
·	Approximately 9 companies participated
·	One vender didn’t interoperate
·	No issues with spec
·	Some interop problems around using the encryption spec.
·	99% of the interops worked
·	Hal posted the final interop spec. with all the corrections.
·	Used a mailing list with end points listed.  Participants called to set up
·	In the future, may use a public chat board

It was noted that OASIS requires at least 3 attestations to successfully
using the spec.

Issue 4 Public Review status and current comments

Good detailed response from the WS-I group
WS-I found number of uses of MAY, SHOULD etc. not used a per spec

Item 5 Issues list review

31 – Pending - TC ok with OASIS namespace proposal for root.   ACTION -
Kelvin will send a proposal on what comes after tcname.
133 & 134 ACTION - need to be check by Merlin Hughs
135, 136, 138 to 151, 152, 156 to 158, 160, 163 are all pending and Editors
should address in Doc
137 Resolved – ACTION - Hal and Vjay to propose text
153 Pending - Needs a URI – editors to clarify sentence saying what Q name
to be used
154 Pending - Editors add a statement Key Id and Key name does not apply to
username tokens
155 Pending - remove non-normative references
159, 161 and 162 Pending - Phillip to add text
164 Closed - Result is already addressed in text.
165 – Open

New issues 166 Documents should be marked non-normative or normative as
		167 Add clarifying text to point out explicitly that the normative schema
can be found at the URL specified and downloaded

Action - Kelvin and Chris to send formal response to WS-I team

SAML profile is in good shape -  An interop to be planned for SAML.
 ACTION - Ron will start working on it next week.

Kerberos profile needs a good review and also needs interop.  Request from
WS-I. They looking for Kerberos from WSS.  Request - TC to please look at
the profile and send comments.

XrML profile to be proposed by TJ

Add a liaison to Government group.  ACTION - Kelvin to update the liaison

XCBF and Receipts proposals are still on the queue.


Attendance of Voting Members

  Gene Thurston AmberPoint
  Merlin Hughes Baltimore Technologies
  Irving Reid HP
  Hal Lockhart BEA
  Symon Chang CommerceOne
  Thomas DeMartini ContentGuard
  Guillermo Lao ContentGuard
  TJ Pannu ContentGuard
  Sam Wei Documentum
  John Hughes Entegrity
  Tim Moses Entrust
  Toshihiro Nishimura Fujitsu
  Jason Rouault HP
  Yutaka Kudo Hitachi
  Derek Fu IBM
  Kelvin Lawrence IBM
  Nataraj Nagaratnam IBM
  Don Flinn Individual
  Bob Morgan Individual
  Vijay Gajjala Microsoft
  Chris Kaler Microsoft
  Chris Kurt Microsoft
  Ellen McDermott Microsoft
  John Shewchuk Microsoft
  Frederick Hirsch Nokia
  Senthil Sengodan Nokia
  Abbie Barbir Nortel
  Howard Melman Novell
  Charles Knouse Oblix
  Steve Anderson OpenNetwork
  Vipin Samar Oracle
  Jerry Schwarz Oracle
  Eric Gravengaard Reactivity
  Rob Philpott RSA Security
  Martijn de Boer SAP
  Pete Wenzel SeeBeyond
  Jonathan Tourzan Sony
  Yassir Elley Sun Microsystems
  Jeff Hodges Sun Microsystems
  Ronald Monzillo Sun Microsystems
  Jan Alexander Systinet
  Don Adams TIBCO
  John Weiland US Navy
  Phillip Hallam-Baker VeriSign

Attendance of Prospective Members or Observers

  Ron Williams IBM
  Blake Doornaee(sp?) Sarvega (sp?)
  Kefeng Chen GeoTraust

Membership Status Changes

  Ron Williams IBM - Granted voting status after 10/7/2003 call
  Louisa Saunier HP - Elected prospective status 9/24/2003
  Davanum Srinivas CA - Requested membership 9/26/2003
  Seshu Madabhushi Convergys - Withdrew 9/24/2003
  Edward Coyne SAIC - Lost voting status due to inactivity


Donald Flinn
Managing Partner
Flint Security
Phone: 781/856-7230
e-mail: flinn@alum.mit.edu

To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster of the
OASIS TC), go to

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]