wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] ISSUE 190: text for SOAP MustUnderstand issue

Rich,

I'm fairly certain that I disagree.

The specification that defines the semantics for the qualified name
wsse:Security
is responsible for defining what it means to "understand" that element
when carried
as a SOAP header block. It should not, and IMHO must not, abrogate that
responsibility. I don't believe that you can leave it up to the
application unless you
provide explicit guidance as to what its choices are in the WS-Security
specification
itself. If you define it in a separate profile, and that profile is not
supported, exactly
what is it about the contents of the wsse:Security header block that allow
an implementation
to know what it may or may not safely ignore?

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
phone: +1 508 234 3624