wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] WS-Security Kerberos Binding

Yea, I hope for the same with some of the existing TCs.

Anthony Nadalin | work 512.436.9568 | cell 512.289.4122
Inactive hide details for Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>

          Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>

          12/23/2003 09:27 AM

To: Tim Alsop <Tim.Alsop@CyberSafe.Ltd.UK>
cc: wss@lists.oasis-open.org

> I am trying to find out if there is a desire within these groups to
> progress improved interoperability between the various standards.

A core suite of standards: XML DSIG, XML Encryption, WS-Security and
some of its bindings, and SAML provide an open core for building secure
WS communication.  WS-I is profiling these (unsure so far about SAML) to
increase interop.  A variety of interop tests and "PR events" have
already happened.

Higher layers are sadly still proprietary or have conflicting standards
efforts.  In the charitable spirit of the season, let's hope for open
progress in the upcoming calendar year.
/r$
--
Rich Salz, Chief Security Architect
DataPower Technology

To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster of the OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wss/members/leave_workgroup.php.

GIF image