wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] WS-Security Kerberos Binding

Hello,

The document, "Web Services Security Kerberos Binding", refers
IBM/Microsoft/VeriSign version of WS-Security and their
namespaces. Not OASIS version. See "1.2. Namespaces" and
"8. References" of this document.
I hope this document will be revised to refer OASIS spec (after this
(WSS) TC completes its work) and be submitted to some standards body.

It is confusing because "Web Services Security" is very general term.
IBM/Microsoft/VeriSign named their spec "Web Services Security
(WS-Security) Version 1.0" (and submitted it to OASIS)
and the spec names of our TC are as follows.
  Web Services Security: SOAP Message Security
  Web Services Security: XXX Profile
So it is not a good idea to call the version 1.0 of our spec sets just
as "WS-Security".

At Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:11:20 -0500,
Srinivas, Davanum M wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
> Tim,
>
> Take a look at the documents at
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wss/documents.php. WSS-TC
> has UserNameToken, X509, SAML, XrML profiles in the works. It's just
> that the IBM/MSFT's spec for Kerberos showed up on someone's blog first
> before this mailing list caught me a bit by surprise...
>
> -- dims
>
>   _____

---
NISHIMURA Toshihiro (FAMILY Given)
nishimura.toshi@jp.fujitsu.com
XML/Web Services Technology Dept.,
STRATEGY AND TECHNOLOGY DIV., FUJITSU LIMITED