wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] the saml token profile depends on non-global attributes inkey identifier/wsse schema does not support keyIdentifier element extensibility

Chris Kaler wrote:

>The have historically been problems mixing content type.  This is
>currently a simple type and it sounds like SAML needs a complex type.  I
>think that in this case it might be advantageous to separate them.
>Maybe we should think about a KeyReference in V1.1 which SAML and others
>could use to specify more structured types of references?  Thoughts?

That would work for the future.

Do you think the approach I outline below
is appropriate given the 1.0 wsse schema?

That is, I don't think the outlined approach is an example of mixing
content.
The keyIdentifier remains simple, but in some cases it depends on an
additional
element being conveyed in the encompassing STR.

Ron