wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] KERBEROS - Derriving session keys from master secret

As you mentioned, the reuse of keys for message protection in kerberos
communication sessions is probably not a big security issue.

However, if I remember some old discussions well, the key derivation from
kerberos session keys is also useful for multi-treaded exchanges where the
security context is shared among different threads that independently exchange
messages without apparent order, protected through the same context
(="master-session-key").

Again this magical WS-S* may be able to cater for this...

-Frank.

--
Frank Siebenlist               franks@mcs.anl.gov
The Globus Alliance - Argonne National Laboratory