wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] Comments on SAML Token Profile

Michael McIntosh/Watson/IBM wrote on 06/24/2004 07:32:58 PM:

> "Maneesh Sahu" <maneesh@westbridgetech.com> wrote on 06/24/2004 06:20:25
PM:

> > Hi Michael,
> >
> > Adding a wsu:Id to the SecurityToken - the SAML Assertion in this case
> > would cause it to violate the SAML schema. Is this permissible?
>
> Maneesh,
>
> The proposal is not to add anything to the existing SAML Assertion, but
to create a
> SAMLToken element with a wsu:Id attribute and a child SAML Assertion
element.

Another possibility would be to use a wsse:KeyIdentifier to reference the
SAML Assertion by AssertionID.
This would be prefered to doing it form the wsse:Reference since finding
tokens by Key Identifier is by definition token specific, but using
wsse:Reference for Direct Reference to a local token is best done using
token agnostic methods.

> Thanks,
> Mike
>

> > --ms

PM:

> > the

> > ID

> > should
> > actions

> > use
> > > >
> > > These changes are not a good idea.
> >
> > It is a good idea, otherwise the dereferencing mechanism would require
> > XML
> > schema processing to enable it to identify which attributes were ID
> > type.
> >
> > Please see my response to Rich Levinson.
> >

> > > The wsu:id attribute was defined for use as a convenience where new
> > shema
> > > elements are being defined, or with elements which support attribute

> > > extensibility
> > > and which do not already include an id attribute.
> > >
> > > The only constraint on using an STR Direct Reference with a fragment

> > > containing
> > > an id value is that the thing being referenced must have an
attribute
> > of
> >
> > > type id.
> > >
> > > In SAML V1.1 the  AssertionID attribute so qualifies, that is:
> > >
> > > <attribute name="AssertionID" type="ID" use="required"/>
> >
> > I do not understand the aversion to adding the wrapper element. It
seems

> > to me that it makes it easier for services to support the profile.
Using

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wss/members/leave_workgroup