wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] More SwA Comments

At Mon, 12 Jul 2004 13:04:34 -0700,
Blake Dournaee wrote:
> 1. The SwA profile specifically targets "W3C Note, "SOAP with Attachments",
> 11 December 2000", yet there is also the SOAP Attachment Feature
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12-af/) for SOAP v1.2. Does the profile intend to
> support this as well since we make the claim of SOAP version independence on
> line 95? If we don't intend to support the SOAP Attachment Feature with this
> SwA profile, should we remove the version independence statement?

SOAP 1.2 Attachment Feature has been superceded by MTOM.

| The Attachment Feature document has been superceded by the SOAP
| Message Transmission Optimization Mechanism document which describes
| attachment related features along with some implementation details.
(from "Status of this Document" of http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/NOTE-soap12-af-20040608/)

And current SwA Profile mention about MTOM as follows:

| This does not preclude using other techniques such as MTOM as appropriate.

> 3. Line 108, we should define MTOM.

We should add a reference to the W3C MTOM document.
---
NISHIMURA Toshihiro (FAMILY Given)
nishimura.toshi@jp.fujitsu.com
XML/Web Services Technology Dept.,
STRATEGY AND TECHNOLOGY DIV., FUJITSU LIMITED