wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] Issue 293 proposed resolution

Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com wrote:

>Ron
>
>Your message confused me. Are you saying the token type table can be
>extended with additional types or that the entry should be x509 instead
>of x509v3, or are you saying the token type should not delineate between
>x509 versions?

Frederick,

The latter.

(BTW, I changed the subject, as this stuff does not pertain to SwA)

>My point was that the x509 token type entry should be consistent with
>the rest of the profile that refers to x509v3 so that the current
>profile is internally consistent, thus suggested changing the table
>entry so it is consistent.

Yes, but AFAIK, the errata to the profile, removed the version
distinction on
the token type. I think there are still a few more edits that are needed
to complete
that job (i.e. in the table starting at line 172,  at line 336, and at
line 403).

Also, despite my earlier recommendation, it likely also be a good idea
to simplify the name that  identifies a subject key identifier as follows:

.s/#X509v3SubjectKeyIdentifier/#X509SubjectKeyIdentifier/

At this time, SIDS may only be used to identify v3 certificates, but it
doesn't seem
necessary to bind v3 into the name of the type.

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wss/download.php/8630/oasis-200401-wss-x509-token-profile-1.0-final%20errata%20updates.pdf

Ron