wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] New Document - Usage Label Values

Two comments below marked [TD].

&Thomas.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hal Lockhart [mailto:hlockhar@bea.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 8:30 AM
To: DeMartini, Thomas; wss@lists.oasis-open.org

> Do you have an example of how/when these would be used?
>
> &Thomas.

Thomas,

I am not quite sure what you mean. I can certainly add an example XML
fragment, showing the use of one of these URIs as the value of a Usage
attribute, however the syntax is extremely simple and obvious.

[TD] I was thinking of a simple XML SOAP envelope example, something
that shows a simple (but somewhat-real) scenario -- the first scenario
you listed below would be good.  You can omit details of elements that
aren't important with "...".  Don't worry about how simple or obvious it
is; many of our other documents have simple examples, and they do help
because the syntax is not obvious to everyone (I can guess at it, but
have no way to tell if I've guessed correctly).  (Besides, it looks
pretty odd now for section 2.2 of the usage labels document to talk
about the namespaces used in "the examples" when there are no examples!
:) ). [/TD]

[snip]

Here are some examples of the kind of thing I have in mind.

o A Intermediary might sign over all or part of the message that had
been previously signed by the requester (Access Subject).
[TD] I think this would be a great scenario to use as an example.  You
could show the intermediary token and the requester token (both with
"...") and then you could show the details of the two signatures and
what the STRs look like and how the usage attributes come into play.
[/TD]

o The message might contain a reference to a key to be used to encrypt
the response so that only the receiver of the response could read it.

[snip to end]