wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] Issue 250: ValueType --> TokenType+ReferenceType?

DeMartini, Thomas wrote:

>Are we working on 1.1 or 10.1?
>
>Do you really thing we should make these changes *now*?  Shouldn't we
>wait until there is a clear problem with what we have before we make
>such big changes?  Who can say we're not going to have new problems if
>we make such changes?  Even if we don't have any new problems and we're
>just shuffling things around, why put ourselves through the changes?
>It's just not obvious to me we'll be sooo much better off afterwards.

The proposal for introducing the #X509ThumbprintSHA1 KID that occurs in
V1.1 of the X509
Token Profile, dated November 8th, is an example of the introduction of
a new KID valuetype for
an existing token type.

Also when a <ds:X509IssuerSerial> element is used within an STR to
reference a certificate,
neither the "ValueType" of the referenced token or of the reference is
specified.

I think a change can be made that does not introduce new problems, and
that affords a
an opportunity to consistently specify the type of the referenced token
for all of the various
reference forms.

Ron