wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] Notification of CD vote today in WSS TC

Thanks, Kelvin. Any idea why so many members abstained?

Mary

From: Kelvin Lawrence [mailto:klawrenc@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 12:29 PM
To: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org; James Bryce Clark
Cc: wss@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wss] Notification of CD vote today in WSS TC

Mary, per the requirement placed on me by the OASIS TC Process, I am writing to inform you that we held a Committee Draft vote today in the TC . The vote was to approve draft 15 of the Soap With Attachments (SWA) Profile  as a Committee Draft. Despite the fact that sufficient potential yes votes were present at the meeting the vote did not pass as we failed to achieve 2/3 of the eligible voting members voting yes. Voting was as follows, Yes=25, Abstain=8, No=0.  The details of the voting will be in the minutes once they are posted.

The TC decided to try again using an electronic vote. That ballot was just posted and will close on Dec 23rd.

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/10401/wss-swa-profile-1.0-draft-15.pdf

Cheers
Kelvin
WSS TC co-chair