wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] examples of signing element(s) in security header

Okay, I think there are at least three separate issues here:
1. What was originally intended.
2. What the example should show.
3. Any additional constraints we want to add.

Regarding 1, as mentioned on the call, I don't think there was any
intent to specify constraints on where the signed thing has to be.
While I think the proposed revised example is fine, I also think the
example that is in the spec now is fine too.

I suggest that we clarify the following statement from the spec

| As elements are added to a <wsse:Security> header block, they SHOULD
| be prepended to the existing elements.

so that it will read in the errata as

| As ds:Signature, enc:EncryptedKey, and enc:ReferenceList elements
| are added to a <wsse:Security> header block, they SHOULD be added
| in such a way that they appear before any existing ds:Signature,
| enc:EncryptedKey, or enc:ReferenceList elements already in the
| wsse:Security header.

more accurately reflecting the original intent.

Regarding 2, I am fine with either the example that is there now or the
proposed revised example or both.

Regarding 3, if we want to further require that signed things appear
after/before the signature, then we should add some text like

| Anything referenced by a ds:Signature/ds:SignedInfo/ds:Reference
| that appears in the same wsse:Security header SHOULD appear
| after/before that ds:Signature in that wsse:Security header.

but I am not sure if or how far we want to go with this.

&Thomas.