wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] Action Item 2005-08-23-01: Kerberos Token Profile andRFC1510 vs RFC 4120

Martin,

Does the Krb5 token profile require that 1.1 message senders set the
wsse:TokenType attribute in STR values?

Note that in lines 924 to 928 of the core we recommended that use of
the Reference:ValueType attribute to identify the type of a referenced
token be discontinued (and that new profiles should employ the TokenType
attribute for this purpose).

we expect that this may be an evolutionary process, where for some time,
the ValueType attribute may continue to be used in addition to the
TokenType attribute.

Since the KrB5 profile is being standardized by 1.1, it would seem that
we could do without specifying new values to be included in ValuType,
and that these new token type identifying values could and should be
introduced as TokenType values.

Ron