wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] Action Item 2005-08-23-01: Kerberos Token Profile and RFC1510 vsRFC 4120

My understanding is that the token is unaffected between 1510 and 4120 only the KDC functionality will change, and that is backwards compatible. Where they may not be compatible is with the encryption types and Preauth types and these would be rejected by the KDC normally outside the scope of the token itself.

Inactive hide details for Duane Nickull <dnickull@adobe.com>Duane Nickull <dnickull@adobe.com>

          Duane Nickull <dnickull@adobe.com>

          09/06/2005 05:35 PM

Anthony Nadalin/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

cc

Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>, wss@lists.oasis-open.org

Subject

Re: [wss] Action Item 2005-08-23-01: Kerberos Token Profile and RFC1510 vs RFC 4120

We may also wish to consider adding some form of attribute to allow a
message to declare that the attached token is either compliant with 4120
or 1510.  The statement in 4120 says they are not compatible.

Interop will be the true test.  There are requirements for processing
4120 tickets written in the new RFC that mention backwards processing
although my take was it is mostly clarification.

Duane

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2005/xx/oasis-2005xx-wss-kerberos-token-p