wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] comment on wsu:Timestamp description in wss-v1.1-spec-pr-SOAPMessageSecurity-01

I think that the original wording captures the essence of what we intended the Timestamp to be, "the freshness of security semantics" thus the subelements, so I'm not sure what you are objecting to

Inactive hide details for Jeff Hodges <Jeff.Hodges@neustar.biz>Jeff Hodges <Jeff.Hodges@neustar.biz>

          Jeff Hodges <Jeff.Hodges@neustar.biz>

          09/16/2005 12:41 PM

OASIS wsstc <wss@lists.oasis-open.org>

cc

Subject

[wss] comment on wsu:Timestamp description in wss-v1.1-spec-pr-SOAPMessageSecurity-01

in Section 10 of wss-v1.1-spec-pr-SOAPMessageSecurity-01, there's this...

 1791  /wsu:Timestamp
 1792         This is the element for indicating message timestamps.

Given that Section 10 is entitled "Security Timestamps", and also includes this
language...

 1759 It is often important for the recipient to be able to determine the
      freshness of security semantics.

 1771 The <wsu:Timestamp> element provides a mechanism for expressing the
      creation and expiration times of the security semantics in a message.

 1794 /wsu:Timestamp/wsu:Created
             This represents the creation time of the security semantics.

 1801 /wsu:Timestamp/wsu:Expires
             This element represents the expiration of the security semantics.

..explicitly casting <wsu:Timestamp> (and subelements) in the context of
"security secmantics", I suggest modifying line 1792 like so..

 1791  /wsu:Timestamp
 1792        This is the element for indicating security semantics timestamps.

JeffH