wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] comment on wsu:Timestamp description in wss-v1.1-spec-pr-SOAPMessageSecurity-01

Anthony Nadalin wrote:
 > I think that the original wording captures the essence of what we
 > intended the Timestamp to be, "the freshness of security semantics" thus
 > the subelements, so I'm not sure what you are objecting to

What I'm objecting to (I thought my message was pretty clear) is that Line 1792's..

         This is the element for indicating message timestamps.

usage of the term "message timestamps" is divergent from the terminology in the
rest of that section, which uniformly refers to the "times", "freshness", or
"expiration" of "security semantics". This is arguably potentially confusing.

Hence I suggest a simple editorial change substituting "security semantics" for
"message" in line 1792, yielding..

        This is the element for indicating security semantics timestamps.

..which is consistent with the rest of that section.

JeffH