wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] wrt Issue 428

It appears from the draft minutes that issue 428 wasn't discussed on the call.
This is likely because it is shown as closed (incorrectly, imv) in the Issues
list, and I unfortunately was distracted (driving; apologies) when we were
going thru the open Issues post-334.

So, again, issue 428 was closed on the 6-Sep call, with the (incorrect) claim
that "..there is no concrete proposal", which I pointed out in this message..

[1] Re: [wss] [VER 2] OASIS WSS TC Minutes 2005-09-06 (with roll call)
     http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200509/msg00055.html

and which I followed up on here..

[2] wrt Issue 428 (was: Re: [wss] [VER 2] OASIS WSS TC Minutes
     2005-09-06(with roll call))
     http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200509/msg00057.html

The gist of Thomas' suggested resolution [3] to 428 is..

   ..[edit lines in SMS Core] 903-904 as follows (removing things in {}
     and adding things in [])...

   "This optional attribute specifies an abstract URI for {where to find} a
   security token. If a fragment is specified, then it indicates the local
   ID of the [security] token being referenced. [The URI MUST identify a
   security token.  The URI MUST NOT identify a wsse:SecurityTokenReference
   element, a wsse:Embedded element, a wsse:Reference element, or a
   wsse:KeyIdentifier element.]"

..yielding this revised text [4]...

     This optional attribute specifies an abstract URI for a
     security token. If a fragment is specified, then it indicates the local
     ID of the security token being referenced. The URI MUST identify a
     security token.  The URI MUST NOT identify a wsse:SecurityTokenReference
     element, a wsse:Embedded element, a wsse:Reference element, or a
     wsse:KeyIdentifier element.

As I said in [1], I suggest we *not* close issue 428 with no action, but rather
direct the editor to incorporate the language suggested by Thomas in his email
message (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200508/msg00049.html), and
change the status of the issue to be "pending" (I had suggested a status of
"pending review", but that was apparently incorrect, the editor needs to make
the change before attaining the latter status).

thanks,

JeffH

[3] RE: [wss-comment] recursive Security Token References
     http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200508/msg00049.html

[4] Re: [wss] RE: [wss-comment] recursive Security Token References
     http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200509/msg00010.html