wss message

Subject: Status of 1.1 submission

Members of the TC,

The new submission guidelines require that all XML used in examples be well formed and that submitters certify they have checked it.  As part of the preparations to submit our 1.1 documents, we have gone through every sample in all seven documents and have unfortunately found several places where the XML had some type of syntax error (e.g. missing “/” or missing closing element, etc).  We have produced a set of documents that contain the edits required to fix these errors, but we are not sure exactly how to proceed.  We have contacted the OASIS staff for advice and asked for an exemption to the “no edit” rule so that we can fix the XML to be well-formed, but have not heard back yet.  We’ll let you know as soon as we hear a ruling.  We have submitted the paperwork just in case we can proceed if allowed.

We have uploaded the edited drafts into the “Specifications” folder (to keep them separate) in case people want to take a look at them.  Below is a list of the XML errors that are fixed in the uploaded copies.

Stay tuned…

Kelvin and Chris

CORE
Line 1923 mismatched <SecurityTokenReference> (missing closing element)

Kerberos

Example on page 10 does not have an xmlns:wsu entry

Example on page 11 does not have an xmlns:wsu entry

Line 252 there is a bogus quote (") before the attribute declaration

X.509

Line 391 ending tag is typo'd should be </ds:X509SerialNumber>
Line 434 ending tag is typo'd should be </ds:X509SerialNumber>

SAML

Line 193 The element has no closing ">"

Line 193 There is no namespcae declaration for xmlns:saml

Line 197 The element has no closing ">"

Line 207 There is no xmlns:ds

Line 216 The element has no closing ">"

Line 242 There is no closing ">"

Line 242 There is no xmlns:saml2 declaration

Line 252 There is no xmlns:xsi declaration

Line 258 There is no xmlns:ds declaration

Line 302 There is no xmlns:s12 declaration

Line 302 There is no xmlns:wsse declaration

Line 302 There is no xmlns:saml declaration

Line 311 There is no closing ">"

Line 421 There is no xmlns:S12 declaration

Line 421 There is no xmlns:wsse declaration

Line 421 There is no xmlns:saml declaration

Line 421 There is no xmlns:wsse11 declaration

Line 421 There is no xmlns:wsu declaration

Line 429 There is no closing ">"

Line 713 There is no xmlns:S12 declaration

Line 713 There is no xmlns:wsse declaration

Line 713 There is no xmlns:ds declaration

Line 713 There is no xmlns:saml declaration

Line 713 There is no xmlns:wsu declaration

Line 726 <saml:Conditions> has no matching end tag

Line 802 There is no xmlns:S12 declaration

Line 802 There is no xmlns:wsse declaration

Line 802 There is no xmlns:wsse11 declaration

Line 802 There is no xmlns:ds declaration

Line 802 There is no xmlns:saml2 declaration

Line 802 There is no xmlns:wsu declaration

Line 802 There is no xmlns:xsi declaration

Line 808 The "..." needs to be deleted

Line 811 The "...>" needs to be replaced by ">"

Line 904 There is no xmlns:S12 declaration

Line 904 There is no xmlns:wsse declaration

Line 904 There is no xmlns:wsse11 declaration

Line 904 There is no xmlns:ds declaration

Line 904 There is no xmlns:saml declaration

Line 904 There is no xmlns:wsu declaration

Line 904 There is no xmlns:xsi declaration

Line 918 The tag <saml:Conditions> has no matching end tag

Line 938 The tag <saml:Attribute is missing the closing ">"

Line 1012 There is no xmlns:S12 declaration

Line 1012 There is no xmlns:wsse declaration

Line 1012 There is no xmlns:wsse11 declaration

Line 1012 There is no xmlns:ds declaration

Line 1012 There is no xmlns:saml2 declaration

Line 1012 There is no xmlns:wsu declaration

Line 1012 There is no xmlns:xsi declaration

Line 938 The tag <saml:Assertion needs to be reformulated as for line 808

REL

Line 188 There is no xmlns:ds declaration

Line 219 The xmlns:wsu declaration is in the wrong place. Needs to be promoted to the envelope element

Line 236 <reference> is missing the ds: prefix

Line 237 <Transforms> is missing the ds: prefix

Line 264 There is no xmlns:ds declaration

Line 383 there is an erroneous "@" before wsu:Id

Line 435 There is no xmlns:ds declaration

Line 495 Same problem with missing xmlns declarations but we might let this go as it is a fragment, although sx really should be defined

Line 518 Same problem with missing xmlns declarations but we might let this go as it is a fragment, although sx really should be defined

SWA

Line 673 There is no xmlns:wsu declaration

Line 677 xmlns:ds is typo'd as xmls:ds

Line 697 </X509SerialNumber> is missing the ds: prefix

Line 707 </EncryptedKey> is missing the xenc: prefix

Line 716 Missing double quote on attribute cid:bar"

Line 727 xenc:EncryptedData missing the closing ">"