Subject: Re: [xacml-dev] one question regarding the use of Xpath

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 03:10, Muhammad Masoom Alam wrote:

I'm not sure that what you're trying to do is possible with XPath.
Specifically, when you say

>   <Apply FunctionId="String-one-and-only-with-subject">
> <AttributeSelector RequestContextpath="/Hosptial/Physician[phyID='subjectID']/patients/patID/text()"

I don't know if there's a way to provide hooks so that the XPath
evaluator can query for the value of this attribute. If that can be
done, then you can probably get roughly what you're looking for. Since
we've discussed this issue before, however, I'm not sure why you're
trying this instead of what was suggested in the past (namely, writing a
custom function that takes attributes as input and uses them to
construct a new XPath query). That seems like a better approach to me.

At any rate, the custom String-one-and-only-with-subject function
doesn't seem needed, since it's not actually doing anything here. Or,
maybe you intended this function to supply the value in some way?

Dunno. Would any XPath zealot on the list like to comment? :)

seth