Subject: Meta policy

Title: Meta policy

Colleagues - The topic of meta policy became clearer for me when it was described as a  specification of the virtual machine that executes the policy language.

For this reason, I propose that we worry about meta policy after we have chosen a syntax and we start into a description of the virtual machine that executes it.  When we encounter choices in our description of the machine, we are identifying candidate meta policies.  Hopefully, we will be able to select a single option for each of the choices and call the result the default meta policy.  The way will then be left open for others to make different choices and thereby define alternative meta policies.  These, however, could be out of scope for XACML v1.

I'm sure purist will be disgusted by this suggestion.  But, we're pragmatists, aren't we?

Best regards.  Tim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Y. Blackwell [mailto:sblackwell@psoom.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2001 2:25 PM
To: 'xacml@lists.oasis-open.org'; 'sstc@lists.oasis-open.org'
Subject: Authoring Opportunity

I know of a couple of publishers interested in the XML space that are
considering a book dedicated to the subject of XML and Security, e.g. XACML,
SAML, XKMS, XML Encryption, XMLDSig, DSML, general issues related to
security of XML initiatives and use, e.g. SOAP, ebXML etc.

If anyone is interested in authoring chapters in such a book, let me know.

Simon Y. Blackwell
CTO
Psoom, Inc.
Voice & Fax: 415-762-9787